Thursday, October 7, 2010

Streudel

This is the little life journey of an apple strudel that  I made for Phil to take to school and share with his lab group. Rumor has it that they liked it o.k. I would like to apologize for the haphazardness of the structure of this blog, but then again I don't really feel all that bad because it took me at least 2 hours just to get the pictures in the right order. Enjoy!





 
Step 1 Lots of apples!



Apples... like this one.



So this is a few steps later,... apples are cooked and cooled, dough was made 4 hours before hand and now I am beginning to stretch it out.



Stretching the dough is a process...





a very tedious process
...



...
but the end result is pretty neat. that small chunk of dough covers the whole table!


the stretched dough must then be buttered, liberally



apple filling close up.

then the apples are placed      


Some graham cracker crumbs to absorb some of the apple juice as the streudel bakes.
all ready to roll up.
the careful rolling begins, its harder than it looks to not rip a hole in the dough.
the rest of the rolling process is fairly easy. You thought the table cloth was there just to for looks didn't you.
half way rolled

all the way rolled! Ready for the pan.



before
after




hungry? you should be that just took 5 1/2 hours!

















9 comments:

  1. You rock. That was awesome. And yes, I did think the table cloth was there for looks. You know me so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the coolest thing ever! I couldn't wait to keep scrolling to see what happened next! I want to eat some...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me more about this "table cloth" you speak of.

    Phils lab partners only gave it an "OK". Phil may need to seriously consider finding new lab partners. I've never know you to make anything that tastes just "OK".

    Andy R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! Wow, Christie, that looks amazing! Talk about inspiring-that's you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lab thoroughly enjoyed it. More than just OK. Apparently Christie and I have some sort of disconnect in our comm. Nice post sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK how dare you show us you making that and not sending us all a piece to sample!! Do you ever make anything that is not over the TOP

    Miss you guys.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. What would it take to get you to move back to Minn????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm 5 plus hours... you are one dedicated baker.. I only wish I had been there to try a slice.

    ReplyDelete