Monday, September 20, 2010

Bakers Log






There always seems to be that period of time when starting a new job, that no matter how well I do I always feel like i didn't do it fast enough, or nice enough, or delicious enough. Then there are the days when things are undeniably bad. Those days, when on your way home from work you think about dropping your resume off at a couple of places, just so you don't have to face your mistakes again the next day. Thankfully I've only had a few of those day, and lately i leave work with a good feeling rather than an I'm not really sure how that went feeling.
Here's a little insight into what I get to work with.
Things I have been doing at work the past few weeks:
Tempering Chocolate using the tabling method (playing with puddles of chocolate on my work bench)
turning this
To this



To This! Ok... so i've never actually made anything like this, but i could if i wanted to, using my tempered chocolate

Making bread (feeding the dough baby)
Turning something like this...



To this


To something like this... sure, i will try to get some pictures of things that I actually made myself...

Cookies (the past couple of weeks i have been making batches of cookies that i could literally drown in)

I think you all know what cookies look like, plus its past my bed time.

Over and out

4 comments:

  1. Bed time or not, don't talk about cookies then not give me pictures.

    Christie can you build me a chocolate thing like the picture above?

    Andy R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could, but it would not be easy. and i would have to take out a loan to get the chocolate and equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil should be able to use his engineering prowess to build you the equipment to make the chocolate sculpture. Out of curiosity, how much chocolate would this take to build?

    Andy R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally depends on how tall the thing actually is. my guess would be if its 3' tall. 10-15# of chocolate. Could be totally wrong there

    ReplyDelete