Friday, March 21, 2014

Jet Lag


We were scheduled to land in Salt Lake City by 8:30pm. Close to 4:30 am our internal time clock. I thought, this is going to be easy. I'll just go home and go to bed as if I stayed up until 4am (which I did technically and physically) and wake up in the morning ready to take on the world again.
When I woke up though, nearly full rested, I was surrounded by the darkness of night, and not the golden hue of the morning. There were no birds chirping... not even the crickets were making noise. What time was it anyway. My phone still set manually to Paris time agreed with my body that it was indeed time to get out of bed. 10:30 am. Wait what?... but what time is it really? In my real life, in the world I'm living in now? 10:30 there makes it.... um subtract 7 hours. 3:30 am... perfect. There will be no golden morning hue for another 3 hours at least. Welp. I guess all the other people I know that I have traveled internationally were right about jet lag... and I was wrong.
Phil is awake too. We try to stay in bed for about 45 minutes longer. Its no use, our bodies are restless, its almost lunch time for heaven's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment